Horizon Europe: More efficient and effective multimodal freight transport
What can I apply for?
Project results are expected to contribute to all of the following expected outcomes:
More efficient, effective and sustainable management of goods and freight flows in (air)ports and inland terminals, taking into account all costs (economic, social and environmental) of the proposed solutions/innovations, including externalities and possible rebound effects.
Expanded throughput of the nodes thanks to increased operational efficiency and optimised use of assets and infrastructures, without expanding the physical facilities.
Improved access to transhipment services at reduced costs.
More visible and standardised services provided within the multimodal freight transport nodes, seamlessly accessible by end users to maintain continuous door-to-door tracking of freight locations and boost shifting cargo to more efficient and sustainable transport modes.
Increased automation, digitalisation, standardization and interoperability of processes, technologies and equipment, particularly intermodal transport units (ITUs) and cargo transport/transhipment procedures in multimodal freight transport nodes.
Better integration of the various freight transport nodes into overall logistic chains.
Who can apply?
Amount & conditions
Successful project applications must include the following:
- Demonstration and quantification of intermodal transport units based on previous projects, either EU-funded or other.
- Be aligned with the EU strategy for research and innovation
- Demonstrate advanced digital logistics solutions at a minimum TRL level 7.
- Building on previous Horizon 2020 projects (which application partners do not need to have been involved in), the project must demonstrate new business models and collaborative approaches
- Be compatible with common European logistics standards.
The application deadline is September 3, 2021 at 12 noon, and the full application material can be read here.
The application itself is via the Danish Energy Agency's application portal, here.